- Harold B. Lee Library BPR Project Final Report
- 1.0 Annual Reports & Stats
- Department Manual
- Brigham Young University Lee Library Project Engagement Letter
Brigham Young University Lee Library Project Engagement Letter
The Lee Library, located on the campus of Brigham Young University, is well known for providing excellent services to the students, faculty, and community associated with Brigham Young University. The management and staff of the Lee Library are committed to continuing excellence and are constantly evaluating current processes to identify areas of potential improvement. To facilitate these evaluations, the directors and managers of the Lee Library have enlisted the expertise and experience of Dr. Markus Gappmaier, a visiting professor in the Marriott School of Management, and his students in the Information Systems 649 (Business Process Reengineering) class. The Lee Library and the ISYS 649 class have worked together on several value-adding projects to date.
When items are received at the library, they are catalogued in the library’s computer system, bound or covered (if necessary), lettered with the appropriate label, and sent to circulation for shelving. This project will focus on the process of lettering beginning with the receipt from cataloguing to the shipment to circulation.
The project team will analyze and assess this business process, redesign various process components, and recommend implementation solutions to improve the existing process.
Project Objectives and Scope
The objectives for projects include the following:
- Gain a greater understanding of the lettering process
- Evaluate the potential improvement points in the current process
- Reengineer the process to obtain desired improvement
The project team will utilize holistic Business Process Management methodologies in analyzing and reengineering the lettering process. These methodologies seek to combine and coordinate the efforts of both internal and external project team members to obtain the goal of continuous improvement.
The project team will perform the necessary activities associated with this project between February 10, 2003 and March 25, 2003.
Deliverable Due Date
Engagement Letter February 14, 2003
Final Report March 25, 2003
- Analysis of Current Process
- Presentation of Reengineered Process
- Recommendation of Implementation Approach
Each week, the external members of the project team will send an email to the internal members of the project team to apprise and update these members regarding the status of the project to ensure appropriate coordination and cooperation.
- Randy Olsen—Project Sponsor
- Carla Kupitz—Project Director
- Hank Belliston—Process Owner
- Kevin Dueck—Project Team Lead
- Joshua McKibben—Project Team Member
- Bryce H. Peterson—Project Team Member
- Jason Thorpe—Project Team Member
This document will act as a scoping document to guide the activities relating to this project. If you have any questions relating to this document, please contact Kevin Dueck, the Project Team Lead.
We are looking forward to working together with the Lee Library on this project!
External Project Team Members Lee Library Project Team Members